FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:01 pm
Andriyko

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Since it's inception BA has provided free drinks and food in Y. The vast majority of Y fliers would have no reason to think BA which has long marketed itself as a 'full-service airline' would change
I still believe that the vast majority of passengers do not care, nor do they even know what 'full service' meant at the time of BA's creation. Especially, since a good proportion of them could not have afforded the prices that BA used to charge at that time. Air travel in economy has been transformed by low cost airlines and fierce competition. I really do not understand why people who want to pay a premium to eat and drink on the plane cannot pay that premium on the plane rather than have it included into the price of the ticket. If I don't usually eat when I fly shorthaul, why should I pay for it? And, given that I pay 100-200 Dollars less than I used to, I would rather pay the 20 when and if I want to drink or eat something then go back to the days of regulated and expensive air travel.