FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:06 pm
elitetraveler
Suspended

Originally Posted by Andriyko
As expected, people are referring to the fact that BA sold (what is probably) a small number of tickets promising that the passengers would receive some sort of complimentary in-flight service. The fact that BA did not make an exception for people who bought their tickets before a ceretain day is bad. I agree. However, my comment was more about going forward. This thread is about how BoB is a bad thing in general not about how BA misrepresented what people can expect onboard for a few months. It has been a few months now since BA announced the change, and all those who bought the tickets after the announcement should know perfectly well what to expect.
Since it's inception BA has provided free drinks and food in Y. The vast majority of Y fliers would have no reason to think BA which has long marketed itself as a 'full-service airline' would change

Is BA advertising the new BOB policy?

I don't see anything about it on the U.S. homepage of BA.com

On BA.com, it does mention BOB when booking a ticket.

On Expedia, it only mentions it if you click on a secondary link.

They're not hiding it - but I imagine many people will not have noticed, particularly if they are connecting from long-haul flights.

From the website it doesn't seem like they are trying to call attention to it. In fact, there is an alert at the top of the homepage "Changes to baggage policies and optional extras" which leads to "Additional baggage allowance between London and Tokyo. For flights purchased from 1 July 2016, the checked baggage allowance for customers flying in World Traveller between London and Tokyo (Narita and Haneda) will increase from one to two pieces."