FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:46 pm
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
It isn't -- I have empathy for the front line employees at BA.

And the BCal phrase meaning was we want to please you - whereas the comment by Littlegirl was essentially "If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you as you leave."

Marshall/King made employees proud to work for BA, and empowered them to make the experience the best possible for customers. Current BA management sings a song of gloom and doom ahead as the reason they nickel and dime the product and employees. The flip attitude of "if you don't like it, go someplace else" is not what you typically see from employees in a well-run service business. However, BA management doesn't see what they do as a service business. They view it as a commodity transportation enhanced by marketing.

I think it's fine for BA employees to tell customers who don't like it to hit the road. My comment was and is, don't be surprised that management see you in the same way they view flowers in the F toilets and stocking Club Kitchen.
Your comments are well-made ^