FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:31 am
SwissBritMiss

IC Davos

I stayed here in summer with my family and was curious to see how it would compare in the ski season and on a date weekend away.

IC Davos

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked basic room; received deluxe room (1 cat upgrade).

How are the rooms?

Still a beautiful view. I was quite close to where I stayed in summer except a couple of floors higher and interesting to see how the scenery changes. Rooms seemed much more spacious in summer without the additional roll-away bed we had in summer.

How is the exec. lounge?

N/A

What was good and what was bad?

good:

Pretty much everything - this was a spot-on stay.

- free ski passes for 2 for each night's stay - worth the cost of the stay itself (with the AMB weekend voucher discount)
- Welcome gift was a fairly generous box of 6 chocolates, a small bottle of cherry schnapps and fruit platter
- free mini bar
- Really good and varied breakfast spread (I was bemused to find Chinese tea eggs, which were actually pretty darn authentic) - CHF35 pp
- (unexpected) shuttle service which ran not just to the ski lifts but to anywhere in Davos Dorf and Platz according to schedule or on demand
- Ski room service was spot on
- In/out pool and sauna

bad:

- The only thing the Boy could fault was having Swiss gipfeli in the breakfast buffet, not French croissants
- Barely worth mentioning, but service was a tiny bit slow in the bars
- Small misunderstanding about the shuttle left us in the cold for a bit longer than comfortable but this was as much a function of the other guests who drunkenly charged on ahead of us...

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

The flex AMB rate was CHF290 per night. Even without, this would have been a good deal for Switzerland and the level of service. When you throw in the ski passes (and good snow for the pre-season!), the Weekend voucher and the extensive shuttle service, this was exceptional.