FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One day/night in Munich.... questions
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:53 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by ConciergeBrandon
jt82 MUC-NUE from non-stop to one stop (FRA). Fares ranging from $116.80 (35m) to $410.40 (16h 45m ��), one way!

We (two people) will take the train, thanks!

offerendum There are a few Christmas Markets in Munich. We have time to visit only one. Which would you recommend?
The NUE-FRA and (especially) the NUE-MUC flights are not really for pont-to-point flyers, even though they are sold as such. When adding transfer time to/from the airport and check-in time, the train wins on time. The reason for these flights being offered is to give convenient connections to international flights from FRA/MUC. NUE is close to the center of Nuremberg, it is easy to reach by U-Bahn or taxi. MUC is a great airport, but it is far from the city and public transportation is not good. With your own car MUC is easily accessible from Nuremberg, but not by public transportation. (FRA has hourly direct trains frim Nuremberg, though)

I prefer the Christkindlesmarkt in Nuremberg to any market I have seen in Munich. In Munich, I would pick one of the smaller, in addition to the main one om Marienplatz (a place where one is bound to walk through in any case!)