FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where would you go in Feb?
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:31 pm
Kataskopos

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
Originally Posted by ob7777777
Hi there,

I'm looking at booking something to get my 4 segments (and see somewhere new hopefully), my partner is pregnant and I read the optimal time to travel is around the middle of the pregnancy, which would be mid-February. Is there anywhere on Aegean/OA that people would particularly recommend in Feb? We've been to Athens before (but obviously dont mind connecting there), and went to Corfu last year in September (which was excellent). I was thinking maybe another Island, or possibly Cyprus, but as I guess it's low season everywhere I'd like to defer with somebody with some local knowledge.

Thanks!
i would very warmly recommend cyprus. You can do your four segments on one trip by connecting in Athens, spend some time in the Aegean lounge where they have thematic food/wine offerings every month.

Cyprus is also small enough to be easily accessible, car rentals are cheap and the hospitality of its people is amazing! I lived in Nicosia a few years, and the old town is very pretty with good restaurants and one feels very safe there. There is also the possibility of crossing to the invaded north where the Buyuk Han is worth a visit as is the ghost town of Famagusta (Ammochostos / Magusa) with interesting architecture. The mountains of Cyprus are also very beautiful and there are many gorgeous mountain villages with very good hotels and amazing food (Kakopetria is one of my favourites where one can sleep in the Mill Hotel and fall asleep to the soothing sound of a small waterfall).

If, God forbid, health care is needed, affordable top care hospitals are available in Nicosia and the food! I gained 10 kg living in Cyprus and there are also some producers of wine, for instance the small Makkas and Hadjiantonas winery that also accepts visits.