FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta One Transcon Vegetarian Meal?
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:16 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tgtg
Mr. tgtg and I are both vegetarians. I can tell you that on short haul, all the vegetarian (veggie, non-dairy, Asian, Hindu) meals are cold soggy grilled vegetables on dry bread (no condiments). It is awful. Been going on for years. Not likely to change anytime soon. For some reason, they also seem to think that since we are vegetarian, the only thing we like for desert is fruit.

On transcons (and international) out of large hubs we like the Hindu meal. When it is really a Hindu meal it is outstanding. The Delta Hindu meal is always vegetarian, curry, spices, even naan (usually). Highly recommended if you like that stuff.

However, the ability to guarantee an edible vegetarian meal on DL has become less than 20%, so we have taken to ordering, but generally foregoing the pathetic excuse for food.

It is certainly not one of the highlights of our Delta experience.

-=tg=-
Desert is fruit because basically all deserts that are made by DL have dairy (egg, milk or butter) in it. It's not really cost effective to come up with a desert that complies but isn't goingoing to go bad before fully used. Fruit is considered a desert by many non-special meal ordered, thus it works and prevents added costs. My last AA flight had a plate of fruit for desert and I don't order Special Meals.