FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boston Luxury
Thread: Boston Luxury
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:17 am
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CarNut
We had a terrible stay at the RC in September. Service levels were atrocious, no recognition of Marriott status/Virtuoso/Ritz Stars booking, slow internet, construction noise, bar closed for private function with no prior notice, and a daily charge to use Equinox (which at the time wasn't mentioned on their website).

Sent an email to the manager while we were there and ended up meeting with him. Offered no compensation, other than a "sorry".
I have had a couple of decent stays there in the last few months. No, they don't seem to recognize status (maybe if your status is RC native rather than SPG/RC/Marriott?). On the other hand, I would service good, and they certainly made an effort. Food was fine for a hotel, but didn't wow me, and the room service menu is limited. And a tip for people that stay there: just use valet parking. The nearest parking is atrociously expensive (typical Boston) and has no in and out privileges. But there are lots of good choices in Boston, and I am not sure it really stood out--it just didn't have the deficiencies you describe when I was there.