FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boston Luxury
Thread: Boston Luxury
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:08 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by aa4ever
Any current thoughts on Boston? I liked the FS, even though it's very traditional. Anyone been to the Liberty?
I've stayed a few times at The Liberty and really enjoyed it. I've always been alone and there for work, so I didn't bother with major upgrades--and the hotel has usually been sold out when I've been there. I love the masculine modern "club" feeling of the rooms I've had--pretty spacious but not huge for 2 persons at the entry level. Recently renovated, so the design and decor of the rooms and hotel public spaces is VERY modern and fresh. Club as in man's club, not a drinking club!

Service and food/beverage are fantastic, too. I often eat at Clink even when I am not staying at The Liberty. And room service is fabulous. (I always tend to order room service breakfast rather than eat free breakfast in the restaurant, even as SPG Plat.)

Energy here is high, especially on weekends when the actual club on the first floor and lobby level are going strong. It's a scene here--definitely a hot see and be seen crowd! (I love it.)

I'll be staying in spring at the RC and the W for the first times, trying to get a better sense of which will appeal more to me.

I'd stayed several times at the FS up until about 3 years ago and was woefully disappointed. I didn't think the room decor was up to snuff, food/beverage was unremarkable, and I was very disappointed by the service overall. When I complained a few times, not a single person seemed to care--even among several different people from different stays. So I vowed to never stay there again. The location was nice...but not something that made me want to stay.