FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Considering a Relocation to Boston
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:52 am
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Speaking from a 30,000 foot level, I lived in Boston for two years after school.

I did not own, I rented. My job was in Waltham and I lived in the city. So my 8 mile commute was a reverse commute which was really easy.

All that said and done, if I were in your shoes, I would at least start by getting a map of the T and the commuter rails if you are going that route.

That should identify cities along the commuter rail lines and where they land (end). It will also give you and idea how long it will take to travel. Find out if those stops have parking, cost of parking and if they have any available spots

Those sites probably have the fares listed too from daily to monthly. If you haven't asked, does that new company subsidize public transportation (where I work now in NoVa there is a monthly subsidy & I'm guessing many companies do this but thats just a pure guess)

IIRC, the main thoroughfares into/out of the city are I-95 (north/south), I-93 NW into NH, and 90 (East West) with Route 128 (major freeway) as a closer loop and then 495 the way outer loop.

If I was making this move, working in the city, I would at least price it out inside of 128 (sort of like living inside the beltway here in NoVa); That said and done, it may not meet your price range.

Catholic schools there IIRC are like 7-11's here, one on almost every corner.

Other tidbits, you think NoVa drivers are bad, LMAO, Boston drivers are idiots, they are not called M.......s for nothing LOL

I hope this helps