FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC to allow status buy-up
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:50 am
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Rendar
Very true. I forgot there was no lounge access at 25k. That would also be a big draw for me given my connections at YYC or YVR going between LAX and YEG.
Bear in mind that if you only want MLL you can purchase it for < $400 across Canada and about $500 for NA Plus, that's including tax and you can get 35% off (if selected) as a P25.

Or, get a credit card that also does priority boarding/security. None of which will sort out extra luggage and eUp advantages of course.

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I wish AC would do this sooner.
We had the AQM required but was $200-300 short AQD off SE, Why dont they just let us pay them 200 as opposed to incur cost for AQD runs lol.

Also IDK why they would send it out now, January 3rd would make more sense once the dust settles.
Doing it now for two reasons. The cynic in my says it'll get people to pay now when they'd have qualified anyway and then they can point at the T&C when people complain.

On the other hand, if I was definitely done flying for the year and $100 short of AQD I would want to do it right now as based on the timings I saw it indicates I could get my picks early Jan and potentially start reaping the benefits from say ... mid-Jan instead of March 1st. At least, I think one could do that - if AC actually send our the stuff ahead of time for these people too.