FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2016 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:43 pm
FirstClass NewYorker

Update - ORC on American

Originally Posted by Brettrobbins
Urgent - AAdvantage desk is closed so I can't get a straight answer. I was booked LGA-DFW-HKG-LAX-JFK departing 12/4 and arriving JFK early morning 12/6. After I boarded my first flight to DFW, there was an airplane maintenance issue for DFW-HKG that would cause me to miss connections. The system automatically rerouted me back to JFK (from Dallas). This is a mileage run. Will I get 19K EQM for the involuntary change? Please let me know ASAP as I could try to change all the flights now to still fly to HKG on a different routing. Obviously, returning home is a lot better than sitting on plane for 20 hours but don't want to miss out on the EQM.
Just wanted to update everyone. I received full ORC despite the very strange rebooking back to my starting destination. Customer Service understood immediately that I was trying to achieve EP and credited the flight. They also gave me both redeemable miles and a 15K mile courtesy deposit. All in, I qualified for EP and earned 34K redeemable miles on $600 ticket! Thanks for the guidance.