FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Trip To Canada
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:42 am
DanielW

For dessert I had the very sweet and oh so tasty chocolate mango torte. Layered chocolate and mango mousse with dark chocolate ganache, served with raspberry compote.

And on approach to Toronto Pearson International Airport.

My first time flying business class was a few years ago on an Emirates 777 with angled, seven across seating. The A380 experience was undoubtedly much better and I was really looking forward to experiencing it all again on the return flight back to Dubai.

After my previous adventurous travel (Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Somalia etc.) I was a bit nervous about immigration especially now that the US has tightened its entry policies, but luckily after a quick few questions on the reasons for my visit to Canada I was quickly stamped into my 99th country visited.

I then grabbed my suitcase from the baggage belt and headed ground-side to find my ride.

And the Chevrolet Suburban ready to whisk me into Toronto city.

After managing to get into town through Friday peak hour traffic, we reached Guesthouse Taigh Ice in the neighbourhood of Cabbagetown. Cabbagetown is supposedly the "largest continuous area of preserved Victorian housing in North America".

And my room for the next two nights. The guesthouse was $CA146 per night with a shared bathroom.

I then went for a bit of a walk to help shake off the jetlag.