FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP Short-haul seats - A321 vs others
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:09 am
itfcfan

Programs: A3 Gold
TAP Short-haul seats - A321 vs others

Hi all,

I flew TP369 from LHR to LIS on Thursday night on an A321 in row 8 (business took up the first 6 rows on that flight). I hadn't expected much, but was pretty shocked by how bad the legroom was (at online check-in, selecting row 8 seats brought up a "Comfort" label - it seemed like some kind of joke when I was on the plane and had the passenger in row 7's head less than 10cm from my nose even before he reclined...

I'm 6ft / 1.83m and my knees where pressed against the seat in front however I tried to position my legs. Part of the problem seemed to be thickness of the leather seats. Supposedly they provide a more comfortable feel, but from my perspective they took up another ~5cm of space I could have had.

There seem to only be ~2-3 A321s in TAP's fleet. Are these aircraft any worse than the A320/A319's in TAP's fleet?

I'm due to fly back on TP356 on Monday. This appears to be booked as a A321 too, so even if the other aircraft are better, I'm probably out of luck.

Does anyone have any tips for a better seat on TAP's short haul fleet? I value a window seat with an actual window and was put off the exit row seats due to the lack of window. However, on the plane 11A/11F had no seat in front of them and appeared to have a window. Any other options if those two are gone by the time I can check-in (36 hours I believe - I'm *G but I can't see any options to select a seat earlier).

Thanks in advance for any help,

John