FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Las Vegas, NV (co-located with the SLS Tribute Las Vegas) [Master Thread]
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:05 am
HHonors OUTSIDER

Originally Posted by stimpy
Wow aren't you guys overreacting? ALL hotels have troubles on opening day, opening week and opening month. Even Four Seasons hotels have significant issues at opening. Plus this is Vegas! I don't know of any upscale chain hotel in Vegas that is a good representation of the chain.

I recall when the W in Westwood opened long ago. It was very chaotic, overly trendy and people complained. Later it became and still is one of the best W's in the world for Platinum recognition. So give this hotel some time to get their act together.
You make a good point "This is Vegas" so expectations should be adjusted down but they have been SPG for a year and just converted one tower to a W. How about they forget about the lame party and spend more effort on training the staff? With the competition in Vegas I think the tough reviews is doing the property a favor in encouraging them to get their act together. It's supposed to be a Starwood/Marriott branded W not one of the Wyndham Rewards budget brands.