FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:45 am
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by stephem
Oops, posted this in the wrong thread the first time around...

I have 5x SEA-LAX (long overnight)-HKG (short overnight)-SGN this month, beggars couldn't be choosers, I know, but I would love to get us to SGN faster. Now it looks like the slightly after midnight CX flight (881) and AA flight (193) both have decent availability (J9 thru I9) and don't seem overloaded in back either (so probably not a bunch of op-ups going to happen). Lately I have seen both of these flights going out with high counts in J-I classes.
I am not holding out hope that all 5 of us would be able to get over to the better connection in LAX, but even assuming 3 did, I would then need to move the HKG-SGN connection too, because the existing one would then create a 25 to 27 hour connection in HKG.
Has anyone ever tried this? It seems daunting to do for one person/one flight but likely impossible for more than one person and taking into account the need to have to change onward flight HKG-SGN to keep connection time to 24 hours...
It would help to know how many awards are available on each segment. BA should be able to answer this for you. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee, but what is your actual question? No reason you can't split the PNR and allocate pax to the various flights.