FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:47 am
Kalboz

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I thought Marriott did offer bfast as a Platinum benefit... although it appears a lounge only benefit.

Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Daily continental breakfast, light snacks and beverages for members and one guest in the Executive Lounge at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels®, (resorts excluded).

In the U.S. and Canada, select hotels will provide 750 or 1,000 points in lieu of breakfast in the event the lounge is closed.

See terms & conditions for participating hotels.
For Marriott Platinum breakfast benefit, the 3 major Bangkok properties differ in their approach:

Renaissance: Breakfast is at the lounge unless booked a breakfast rate

JWM: Traveling as family with kids? You will be allowed to take breakfast in the restaurant. Otherwise, breakfast in the lounge

Marriott Sukhumvit: Breakfast at either the lounge (40th floor) or the restaurant (ground floor).

I have to add that the lounges at these properties surpass any lounge at Bangkok's SPG properties (WGS & ROS), hands down. The food quality, selections, and the service are top notch with hot stations for eggs and other dishes to order. AFAIK, Marriott Golds also enjoy the same breakfast benefits.

Hot station at the lounge - Marriott Sukhumvit 57

Last edited by Kalboz; Nov 30, 2016 at 9:36 am