FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions 2016
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:35 pm
bldr1k

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by uanj
Ditto- when arriving on intl flights and going through the domestic check in for GS in SFO and ORD I always have my boarding pass in my hand and there is no problem at all. Sometimes they offer to check the gate for me which is thoughtful.

Have not gotten my email either, but am still waiting for my acceptance back into GS for 2016! Did get the package in the mail.

I just flew IAD-CDG and had a chat with a GS agent at check-in. I never knew this was a benefit but the initial change is that non-GS status family members or colleagues cannot check in with a GS member at the GS desk. The special check in counters are not going away. Something better will probably be done at EWR and IAH but at IAD they have too many constraints on changing the appearance of the building so they will keep the current counter for now. Pre-boarding for GS will continue but they are looking at ways to achieve it without GS and Group 1 lumped together.

For me the only change is the no colleagues checking in with you. This is useful for me at SFO when coming in from Asia and we want to get through TSA quickly. But not a huge thing. Actually sounds like very little will change for now.
This is kind of strange to not allow family members.

So the once a year I get to take a vacation with my kids I can't check in at the GS desk? This will never work. I totally get not allowing non-family or extended family, but they should definitely allow your kids.