FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Concierge: What have they done for you?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:51 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I've had great luck with the concierge for many things, I especially enjoy using the email to [email protected] feature as I can be very specific in what I request, I find this is usually the best way to get a good effort out the concierge especially for research projects. I do typically call for restaurant reservations, however.

I've gotten last second reservations at Le Bernadin and a table at Gordon Ramsay Steak in Las Vegas on New Years Eve, at 7pm, when Opentable indicated no reservations for the entire day.

I once had the concierge call every liquor store in the state of Oregon and compile a spreadsheet with various information related to the shipment and allocation of rare Buffalo Trace bourbons. I've also used them to find and reserve numerous other rare bottles.

I've used them to locate and ship via products not available in the US through third party services, they coordinate this very well and for a reasonable cost.

They are remarkably good at determining particular items of clothing that are worn in television shows even when this information is not at all available online. I do wonder how they obtain it.

They will research the layouts and amenities of airports and provide detailed reports including which lounges will be accessible for certain departing and arriving flights, exiting and reentering security restrictions, etc.

They will write excellent research reports on local attractions, even for very specific requests. I once requested some things to do in Bochum, Germany (pop. 360k) on Sundays and received a nine item, 1700 word report that was not copy-and-pasted that proved to be very accurate and extremely useful, as I can testify after having lived in Bochum for a time.

They also made a good effort, but failed, at my request for them to locate a company that would sell me genuine airline catering for home consumption