FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Class Airlink JNB to MUB - three questions
Old Nov 25, 2016, 12:33 am
Work-Shy

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by drpabs

I have three questions about this:

(i) Does Airlink business class allow me into any lounges at JNB?

(ii) Is it possible to check in online for Airlink flights and print boarding passes?

(iii) Given that I will be travelling without hold baggage, am I able to get off my BA flight from LHR and transit airside to the Airlink flight without entering South Africa? If I can't transit airside, would I have enough time after landing at 0905 to make the 1145 flight?
drpabs, I am a regular on the JNB-MUB route and can (attempt to) answer your questions:

1. Yes. You should get access to the SAA Premium Lounge - https://www.flysaa.com/manage-fly/be...irport/lounges. It has showers and a moderate breakfast offering.

2. Yes. You can even add the electronic boarding pass to iPhone/Apple wallet/passbook.

3. You can transit airside. It is not entirely swift as there is a passport check (as well as security screening) but it is quicker than in-immigrating to SA and going landside. However, you would have (just enough) time to go landside if you wanted if you knew where you were going/don't dawdle.

Lastly, enjoy Botswana and the magical Okavango Delta. Feel free to ask me any other MUB-related questions and i'll help where I can.