FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please help. On LAX-HKG now And About to miss connection in HKG
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:36 pm
macabus

Originally Posted by pinniped
I'd have done the same thing. So would a lot of people here.

Originally Posted by formeraa
Yes, but I would never have booked a 1 hour connection. But it's already said and done.

Originally Posted by ijgordon
If your choice is between a 1+ hour connection and a 5.5 hour connection, you book the shorter one and hope for the best. But of course, then you don't go and purchase a separate ticket after that without understanding the not insignificant risks (compounded by the horrendous reliability of this flight -- ExpertFlyer showing average delay of 135 minutes)

Sorry, but I just don't understand why an experienced traveler would set himself up for such a stressful start to a 10+ day vacation to Bali with his S.O.

A one-hour connection in HKG flying from LAX on AA? – Ludicrous! Especially this time of year when the headwinds can be monstrous. Always assume you're going to be an hour late and there won't be a problem.

If you're an EXP flying J, then slow down and relax in Cathay's Pier F lounge. Take a shower, have a nice meal, some Champagne, and then it will be time for your next flight.

If you're flying solo on a MR – then roll the dice. But this scenario is just asking for trouble.

No sympathy here...