FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Immediate turnarounds in Europe on A3
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:12 am
gpb_croppers63

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by elephantiger
Hi,

Long time (>10 years!) lurker, 1st time poster.

@gbp_croppers63, I tried find TXL-LHR using A3 on Expedia as you mentioned (trying both same day and next day return), but it does not list A3 as one of the options. Is there a trick involved? I have tried other sites such as Kayak and Skyscanner and not been able to get A3 as an option. Aegean's own site does not let me choose LHR as a destination when the origin is TXL.

Related to this, are there any sites that allow you to specify the Airline first and then the origin-destination no matter how "weird" an itinerary? E.g. I specify that I want to fly on EK from FRA to MUC return so I get FRA-DXB-MUC-DXB-FRA.

Thanks,
elephantiger
Firstly, a very warm welcome! Hope you find this place helpful and interesting (and not too addictive!).

To answer your question, I went to Expedia, put in my route/dates (that I'd already found on ITA Matrix) and selected A3 as my preferred airline in the dropdown. It worked perfectly and quoted me a lower price than ITA Matrix. That said, I have just tested it out for a random date in February and it doesn't seem to work this way any more.

I also thought you could try the multicity option and put in TXL-ATH-LHR-ATH-TXL with the relevant dates but I just tried this too and I'm getting an error message here as well.

I'm not really sure what to recommend in that case. Maybe try a different OTA and use the methods I mentioned above, or wait a few days and see if it comes back on Expedia as it may just be a bug.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Edit: sokolov beat me to it. Try the Hipmunk suggestion.

Last edited by gpb_croppers63; Nov 17, 2016 at 10:17 am Reason: Should have typed quicker ;)