FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forum Suggestion: FT Feedback and General Discussions
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:01 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by 84fiero
I don't have any issue with TB disbanding as it seemed pointless at this stage of the site's life cycle. And I don't really have an opinion about how to set up a replacement dialogue forum or whatever you want to call it.

But I assume the current CD won't be the CD for eternity, right? I would just throw out there, that it may be worth thinking about the subject of the structure of a member feedback/discussion "mechanism" - to include if there needs to be one - without regard to the particular individual currently inhabiting the CD job. Is there something that would be good to have in place that would help members and site management in this area, regardless of who eventually replaces the current CD? The answer may be "no", but it's worth thinking about the position not the person when thinking of the long term future.

Not to imply IB would intentionally place someone who wasn't of the same high caliber as the current CD, but as anyone who has conducted hiring knows, there are no guarantees. Certainly in my organization if we based organizational growth, structure, planning, and the like solely on the person currently on the job, we would be seen as doing our stakeholders a disservice.
I agree with you; but I would prefer that SanDiego1K addresses your thoughts directly.