FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1st or 2nd class train travel
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:13 pm
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by plinko83
Hi folks,

i'm planning a trip to Czech/Germany/Denmark/Netherlands in October and am looking at train options.

At Bahn.de, train from Prague to Berlin is 19 euro is second class and 79 euro in first class.

My attempt at reading the website makes it seem that first class is a slightly nicer seat and some complimentary light food options.

To me, that's not worth 50 euro.
I'm traveling with one other person, so it's 100 euro actually. I'm not looking to do this trip "on the cheap" as the 100 euro wouldn't change my life or anything, but I am trying to spend my money wisely.

Can anyone comment to me on the differences between 1st and 2nd class, and if i'm correct that the differences are not that extreme. Because I'm traveling with a companion, seat width/having my own direct aisle access seat is slightly less important as I'm unlikely to be seated next to a stranger.

I'll be planning other train travel throughout Germany and Holland - but am trying to piece together each train as it becomes 90 days away. Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance.
Not to nitpick, but 79-19=60, not 50!