FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Israel, Passports, going to the middle east in the future etc.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:10 am
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Ditto
Was he crossing to Israel by land? The "paper visa" is only at TLV airport afaik (Eilat/Aqaba crossing didn't have it about 2 years ago, not sure about the rest)

On the border crossing you can still get a stamp on a separate paper if you ask for it in advance, but it is kind of pointless in the border crossing since if he left Jordan in a border crossing to Israel, there is only one country he could have gone to...
Ditto, from what I've read elsewhere if you cross overland from Jordan to Israel on the King Hussein/Allenby bridge the Jordanians will also stamp you out on a piece of paper rather than onto your passport, provided you are coming back into Jordan (ie so they will be able to stamp you out properly when you leave for the second time). In fact I'm kind of counting on this being the case, as we're planning to do an overland side trip from Jordan to Israel and back on an upcoming trip, and excited as I am about going to Israel I definitely don't want any stamps as evidence of that (whether Israeli or Jordanian from the land border crossing with Israel) that might cause me problems with any future travel in the Middle East.

Your comment now has got me slightly worried. Can anyone else on the board vouch for whether it is or isn't possible to get officials on both sides of the border stamping a piece of paper rather than your actual passport?