FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying to Argentina next week - where to go?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:28 am
BostonGuy

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I flew into UAQ last week.. The buses were waiting outside and I was in the Mendoza BusTerminal in 2.5 Hours. Mendoza is very light on tourists and the Bodegas are all feeling the tourism pain. They will roll out the extra special red carpet until December 7th.. If you like Mendoza I wouldn't let the few hours take away from visiting.. I had a really nice week there (albeit I was working).. Safe Travels..
And it seems everyone flies into UAQ instead of San Rafael. I love the Uco Valley, which is why I ask. But it looks like LATAM doesn't fly there and people say that Aerolineas can be unreliable...

I was thinking tourists would be particularly welcome right now.

Flying Machine, I've stayed at Lares de Chacras in Chacras de Coria, at the Park Hyatt and Sheraton in Mendoza, and at Vines of Mendoza. Any other wonderful lodging you would recommend? At a glance, all the fancy places are all still premium priced - I would rather invest in great wine and experiences than spend $500 a night on a place to stay.

I wish I were traveling with friends as wine tasting is more fun then - I've had everyone's favorite driver Miguel Sanz take me around a few times and have also done things with Trout and Wine, which was fun.

I'm deeply involved enough into Argentine wine that I'm tempted to rent a car and explore bodegas on my own, but then of course there is the matter of drinking and driving.