FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Upgrade Certificate Availability Confusion (KLM Operated)
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:44 am
gimme_delta

Originally Posted by javabytes
What's the actual date of travel? I can check the codeshare flight number for Z inventory. Assuming the inventory exists, you should be able to make this work, but Delta's IT will not make it easy on you, because it's programmed to look for OP inventory... even on KLM flights. So naturally the agents are likely to insist that inventory is not available, but you need to hold your ground and insist that 1) the upgrade should book into Z class, not OP class, and 2) Z inventory is available. I just went through this, it took almost an hour and half to get the upgrades processed.
First, thank you everyone! I cannot believe how many people quickly jumped in here with useful information.

The flights I have booked are
DL 9574 on 11/29
DL 9438 on 12/23

I cannot find the availability when looking under the Delta flight number on expertflyer but I'm not sure yet if thats because it does not exist or if I am not searching for the correct thing

One more small piece of information that I don't know if is relevant (or would cause issue with reticket) is that both of my flights have Delta segments ATL-AMS and AMS-ATL. Would that eliminate the possibility or cause additional issues with recoding?

I will hopefully wait until you can take a look at my flights javabyte but overall it sounds like if there is availability I have to convince an agent to help me reticket those flights as KLM to be able to see the Z that should let me upgrade.

Also, sorry for the silly question but what does OP mean?

Thanks again for your help!