FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry with "Extended" Green Card
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:53 am
nikkosan

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, National Emerald Exec, Hertz Five Star, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Figuring this is a relevant thread to bring back, rather than starting a new one.

Both my wife and I have Nexus (and GE, through that), and reside in the US. I'm a dual US-Canadian citizen, my wife is Canadian, and has a 2 year conditional greencard.

We recently applied to remove the conditions on the GC, and received the letter extending the GC status for one year while the application to remove conditions is reviewed by USCIS. I don't think it will be a problem - though trying to figure out if my wife can use GE while we are in this sort of interim status.

Does anyone have any first-hand experience with this? I did call a GE-enrollment center - they said that since the actual card isn't being replaced, and the one year extension in the form of the letter, that she can use the kiosk's but will always get an X, and will just have to clear manually through the officer manning the GE line since the actual card doesn't change, and the machine readable part will retain the same expiry date. That kind of makes sense. But want to see if anyone has had experience actual using the GE line during this period, and if its within the rules to do so. We do plan to update the GE office with the letter, so we can fulfill the Nexus/GE requirement to provide updated documents.

Appreciate any input. Would hate to have to use the regular line (especially YYZ pre-clearance) because of the pending application.
Resuming this thread as I am in that same situation.

Emcampbe, was your wife able to use the GE lanes with the "expired" green card and the extension letter?

Thanks in advance!