FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Cat 5 Marriott properties would you consider vacationing at?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:03 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
You may or may not realize this, but...

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I'm new to the program and considering redeeming my marriott points for a nights and flights package.

Criteria: at least one of the following
- enough attractions/activities to stay at least 4 days
The flight and hotel package gives you the airline points and seven nights. You cannot break up the seven nights into shorter stays, nor can you use them at more than one hotel. It's a seven night block at a single hotel. You could use additional points for a four or five night stay, but you would still need to use your seven night block separately at some points before it expires in a year. You can convert MR points to airline miles and do a separate MR points redemption for the hotel stay, but you get more bang for your MR points using a package.

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
So far I think the JW in Bangkok looks great.
Both the Bangkok Ren and FS (Soi 57) are a category lower and most people find them to be better hotels. Personally, I'd go with the FS, having stayed in each several times and each within the past year. There's a thread discussing these hotels. The JW is a little worn and the other two hotels have better rooms and bathrooms. The JW's CL is larger, but all three have similar offerings. Service is good at all three, but perhaps better at the Ren and FS.