FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Israel, Passports, going to the middle east in the future etc.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:59 pm
worldiswide

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by awayIgo
"I ve personally never been asked questions but I don't travel to 'difficult' countries so often."

Israel is not a "difficult" country. It is a country that is going to make sure that its residents, and visitors stay safe. As long as you are coming as a tourist with no nefarious alternative reasons you will have no problems. Most people go through immigration in less than a minute.
Originally Posted by Bakpapier
I did not mean to insult, all I am saying is that I have only travelled to countries without any form of serious border control (within Schengen, or to balkan countries where they just lazily look at the passport then let you through, or to brazil which I am a citizen of so no real border control for me).
No insult taken, but border control is a serious issue that many countries dont take seriously (and look what has happened in some of those countries). Israel does and needs to take border control seriously, but have been there many times with no issues. The US security theater takes much longer, and is much less effective.