FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:35 pm
380Flyer
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
The not so smart HHonors team has missed the mark with their lifetime Diamond qualification criteria.

Talk about opening the door to obtaining this tier by booking stays at the lowest priced hotels within the group to obtain the nights rather than revenue (which is what they should be focusing on).

They just need to see what the smart guys at Hyatt are doing to increase their revenue from the HHonors members and rewarding them for their loyalty.

For example, Hyatt allows you to earn points by dining and taking spa treatments even without staying at the property. All these spend allows for base points accrual and counts towards their Lifetime Diamond (soon to be Globalist).

I for one patronise Hyatt for dining and spa in the city that I live without having to stay. Here, I am giving Hyatt a good portion of revenue that would otherwise not be spent by their loyal member.

HHonors, you have the base points mechanism in place so what you need is some smart thinking and reward your high spenders especially in times when revenue is important.

Let's discuss this further!