FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to MPC announced for 15 Apr 2016
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:13 pm
Ausriver

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Is CX Winning in my mum's case

My mum lives in HGH and I lives in SYD, she loves to come to visit me couple of times a year. I used to get her fly 3 times a year, return trip with CX-KA and she has been qualified for SL for several years. Her time is flexible and always booked in V. She enjoys the extra leg room seat and lounge access.

With the current system, she needs 4.5 return trip to qualify SL, which is basically impossible. I got her flying 3 RT in V class and 1 RT in E class to just able to keep her SL for next year. BUT, she doesn't like it.

She doesn't like traveling that often at age of 65 and she doesn't like the price tag of PEY.

She prefers to travel only twice a year (I got her flying 3 times for her status and she listened, but not double her travel plan).

She prefers direct flight over transit, I convinced her that CX/KA got better schedule and I could some times fly together with her and she listened.

She will be flying another year with CX, maybe with S class....

What CX saves by get rid of loyal flyers like my mum (CX was the only carrier I booked for her for the last 6 years):

- 6 CX lounge visits at HKG
- 6 lounge visits outstation
- 12 extra legroom seats allocation
- 60kg extra luggage (she hardly use half of it)

What CX loses is simple:
- $3000 AUD airfare per year.

For someone flies 5 times RT between HKG SYD a year in Y, could only barely make the lowest frequent flyer tier, sounds like a joke to me....