FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: LAX-MIA-UIO RT Biz $858: 8256 flown miles
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:54 pm
wanderlust4life

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Flyerhandle
I guess I missed that part. Banking on everything being on time coming in from Miami is risky at best. He can still stay air side and avoid customs and immigration, but there is the risk of missing the outbound flight. If it's part of his single RT ticket, then AA should be responsible with dealing with any delays that they may cause. Worst case scenario would probably be the morning flight out the next day.
As far as I know, theres only one flight back to DFW that leaves around midnight. So if the passenger missed the flight, then the next available flight would be 24 hours later or the passenger would have to fly back via MIA. Also going from a shorter lie flat 767 to a long 6 hour recliner seat A319 after only two hours connection won't be very comfortable either. Unfortunately, the longer leg of UIO-DFW isn't operated by a 767. There was a line taking 20 minutes the last time I had to queue up at the international transit in UIO for a flight to LIM. That could make or break a connection too.