FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dim Sum
Thread: Dim Sum
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:51 pm
mkjr

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
My humble apology - my comment was not intended to provide offense, and I do appreciate your recommendations.

Perhaps I should have said that I was slightly surprised to click on the links and see images of stemware and white table cloths - images that did not come to mind when I thought about yum cha.

Perhaps my cultural ignorance is showing. And for that I am deeply apologetic for offending you.
I see. Sorry for over reacting....

I am one who has no issue paying for top quality dim sum with top ingredients although i find many seem to expect dim sum to always be super cheap and accept lesser quality. This thread sees so many want to go the cheapest one star place that frankly, I never understand.

I was at the 8 in macau last month and also at fook lam moon which is also great for dim sum....which i would have suggested also...

http://www.fooklammoon-grp.com/en but it is not within walking distance....[actually it is shorter than i thought...but i have only been to the island location and not this one in kowloon...]

One item that I will add is that more high end places are more likely to allow the normal order of 4 items to be split in half. Then you can have more stuff...

Tin Lung Heen is also very nice for the view as is lung king heen on the other side.