FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:08 pm
Sisosig

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Lifetime status (at other programs) does not give you a "leg up" towards higher annual status.

Ie, if LIfetime status is mid-tier, to get annual top-tier status you have to start from 0 then do the number of night or stays or points annually that everyone else (without any Lifetime status) would. You don't start with however nights it takes to get to mid-tier and add the difference in nights.
Did not mean it that way. My suggestion was: allow people to become lifetime gold after a certain amount (500) of nights and years (10). If they would want to become Diamond, they would still have to pass the 30 stays / 60 nights / 120k points hurdle.

I don't see what bad this could do to Hilton revenue. Using a 48 euro / $52 usd German credit card, I'm lifetime Gold too, for the life of my credit card, without having to spend a single night. But I'm nights in bed Diamond for 7 years in a row now.