FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380 G-XLEB SFO-LHR diverted to YVR due to staff sickness [25 Oct 2016]
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:41 am
Waterhorse

Originally Posted by YYZFlyboy
Ok, thanks for "laying it out in simple terms". A bit condescending but it still doesn't make sense any way you cut it. You quote one passenger. I've seen quotes from several other passengers that say something completely different. Unlike you, I haven't come to any firm conclusions on the basis of one persons conflicting report - and still want to know exactly what happened.

Here's some other quotes:

"We were kept in the dark.… When we landed what we did know is that the crew got their luggage and left immediately," said Blaser.

"We're all sitting there looking around … the entire crew just got up and left the plane... why they took their luggage and left, we have no idea."

Others even say they saw (from their seat on the plane) the crew being loaded (into a bus and taken away.

There's also a press photo of a large group of the crew strolling into an emergency department with their luggage in tow.

It's all extremely strange, no matter how much you (and others) want to rush to BA's defence. I'd like to know what happened for sure, maybe it's all good, maybe not. But it doesn't add up at this point, no mater how "simply" you want to make your case.

Has anyone ever seen/heard anything quite like this before? I haven't.
BBB has the truth of it. Passengers would have been taken off before the minimum legal crew for door manning got off. You can spin it anyway you like from ill informed sources in the media and other "eye witnesses" who would not have had the full picture or indeed a small portion of the full picture, but it would not change this fact.