FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Bristol Place Toronto Airport [Master Thread]
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:35 pm
Canada101

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Originally Posted by Flews
A manager later called to apologize, sent up a nice food platter and comped my room, which pretty well shut me up. ^

Cheers,
I have a feeling that the associate lecturing me was, in fact, a manager. Complete idiot and I am, I would say, generally pretty low maintenance.

The snide attitude from this associate started as soon as I gave him my name, ID and credit card. No "good morning". No "Welcome to the Westin Bristol Place". No "how was your flight?". Just "you know you're far too early for check-in". When I replied that I actually noted my check-in time on my reservation, I got "those are just requests". I kept my mouth shut as I was tired from my flight and wanted to change before a meeting but I couldn't help myself when he got me a room (there were plenty as the night before was hardly full based on the availability I checked) and in a very snide tone said "enjoy your early check-in". Anyway, I've made note of the entire experience with my comments to the hotel. At the end of the day, I'm not going to dwell on it. As I said, the shuttle drivers were amazing. All three I met were exceedingly kind and helpful and I tipped them for their kindness.