FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions 2016
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:57 am
Eadward

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by bldr1k
I agree with the thought although it might be difficult to implement on domestic flights - there are just too many of them and too little overhead space. I find that on a lot of domestic flights there isn't enough overhead space for all of the first class passengers - too many people have large carry on bags. In my case, when I don't have a large carry on (and am not in a bulkhead seat), I board last.

I have never had an issue with overhead space on an international flight in business or first - I think because a lot more people check their bags on those flights.
Agree. I would be quite leery to trust a "board last with overhead space guaranteed" claim, especially on a domestic flight. I'd much rather take the hit of time by boarding early, knowing that I can put my bag above my seat than hoping that maybe there is a space above my seat later. I've seen plenty of cases where folks seated at the back of the plane come on during later boarding and just stuff their bag wherever they want on their trip down the aisle. Unless the FA are closely monitoring this, how would anyone know who's bag this was and if it should belong there. Boarding later seems like a recipe for disappointment to me.