FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: LAX-MIA-UIO RT Biz $858: 8256 flown miles
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:49 pm
joetraveler99

I did this run in September and spent three nights in Quito, first two at the Sheraton (with SPG points+cash) and the last at the Hilton (points). Sheraton is a noticeably more pleasant hotel experience, esp. if you have Gold status and can enjoy the lounge on the top floors with excellent free breakfast and cocktails/snacks from 6-8pm. However the Hilton Colon (also with lounge) is in much better location as it is in the Mariscal area which has a much better street scene and walking distance from the historic Old City.

Very efficient bus and trolley system will get you anywhere in the city for 50 cents, and taxis run $2-8 max to just about any location. This city is worth exploring.....food is excellent, people are very friendly, lots to see.

My 7am return flight was delayed by 11 hours, but fortunately they called me the night before, and I got myself on a 3pm flight (coach, unfortunately) to MIA and then J from MIA-LAX getting me home the same day, skipping the JFK portion of the routing. AA compensated me with a small cash refund for the coach flight, and EQM's for the full UIO-MIA-JFK-LAX itinerary.