FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: LAX-MIA-UIO RT Biz $858: 8256 flown miles
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:59 pm
wanderlust4life

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by island82
Got this on hold right now for $1089, lie flats all the way (Of course equipment changes can always happen). Anyone on these flights? Leaving LAX Dec 3rd, back next day.
Kinda expensive for the EQMs BUT to pull it off in 2 days is great because time spent on these trips also can hold a considerable price tag for most!

My next UIO trip takes about 6 days and I'm getting 27500 miles for $960. Granted its complicated and dragged out but I could have condensed it into 4 days. I just need time on the ground to make it enjoyable for me personally.

Your trip is $130 more and getting a total of 16544 EQMs and you are routing via DFW on the return (having all lie flats are great though).

If you were to go the following weekend, December 10-11, you could do the same lie flats LAX-MIA-UIO on the outbound and then also lie flats on the way back UIO-MIA-LAX. Its $120 cheaper at $971 and you'd get 16516 EQMs. IMO to route via DFW on the way back for an extra 28 miles plus spending $130 more, isnt worth the extra money and extra flight. But if you dont want to wait around in MIA after getting back from UIO and just want to get out of there then going via DFW would be the better option. Just keep in mind you'll have a better service given that the MIA-LAX is a nonstop transcon.

Heres the link plus a photo of the itinerary below. This would be quite comfortable given that you could sleep and relax in comfort the whole way there and back (hopefully no aircraft swaps). The more I think about it, I really like the ease and idea of getting it done in just two days. Perfect for those that have to be in at work first thing Monday morning. At the end of the day, if you need to make status by December 31st, then the price ends up not mattering as much as its really about meeting that number after a year of effort working towards such a goal.

https://goo.gl/flights/ufwV
Attached Images