FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Is Getting New Uniforms
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:15 pm
Widgets

Originally Posted by jimrpa
There is a lady wearing a double-breasted suit labeled "Shared In-Flight Service and Airport Customer Service: Above Wing". I thought only flight deck crew wore double-breasted suits? Is this the new flight deck crew suit? If so, where's the version for males? And the white tie looks sort of goofy.

I don't mind the purple/plum/aubergine all that much, although it does look a bit like Virgin Atlantic/America/whatever. I think they should have kept the shirts white with the male uniforms and just used purple accents (or just used a light purple/lavender shirt). The gold buttons are a bit bling-y and should be reserved for the black flight crew uniforms. I think they could have stayed with silver buttons for everyone else. I do think the cape, handbag and gloves for the ladies flight uniforms are very elegant (kind of recall the 1960s). Sadly, I doubt we'll ever see any Delta flight attendants actually strolling through the Pan Am WorldPort at JFK wearing those capes and gloves and carrying those handbags (although it would be cool). A matching hat would have been a neat retro touch. Maybe a raspberry beret? Then they could stroll through MSP.
Both men and women currently have double-breasted blazers in the current uniform program. However, the men's blazer is so hideous I've honestly only seen one man wear it. The women's is more common.