Search

Delta Is Getting New Uniforms

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:07 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Canarsie
The bulk of the content in this discussion was off topic and thus deleted.
If you're talking about the misogynistic garbage, you missed a whole bunch of posts.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:50 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by pvn
If you're talking about the misogynistic garbage, you missed a whole bunch of posts.
A private message with links would have sufficed.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
Agreed and thanks for saying so.

I really like the new uniforms. IME the colors don't clash with the livery because of the tones and hues. They look sophisticated and forward thinking to me.
I also think they add warmth by introducing more color variety while still Ring highly stylized.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:23 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by Canarsie
A private message with links would have sufficed.
I don't think they should be removed. I think they should be preserved so everyone can see who the troglodytes are.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Put me down for one who likes the new uniforms. The purple is part of Delta's evolving brand... just check out the new SEA and ATL Concourse B Sky Club. It looks great with the deep red and the blue. Really, while the current uniform is nice, it's starting to get a little dated. Every employee I've talked to who was wearing them, except for one, said they like it and get complimented regularly. I've also heard they're making a number of tweaks to make them even better. The purple is here to stay.

Last edited by DLmedalliongold; Jul 9, 2017 at 11:13 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:12 am

Delta has recently been doing a fantastic job of not having a static image, but rather, one that is always evolving. This is, IMO, smart.

The current uniforms were a brilliant flashback to the mid-century modern golden age of air travel, which was so great. DL is now noticing that mid-century modern design has started to go to the same place that stainless steel and granite kitchens have gone: overdone and now widely available in suburban homes & cookie cutter "urban" apartments. Time to move on to something new and edgy. And hopefully they will change them again in another 10 years.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Delta has recently been doing a fantastic job of not having a static image, but rather, one that is always evolving. This is, IMO, smart.

The current uniforms were a brilliant flashback to the mid-century modern golden age of air travel, which was so great. DL is now noticing that mid-century modern design has started to go to the same place that stainless steel and granite kitchens have gone: overdone and now widely available in suburban homes & cookie cutter "urban" apartments. Time to move on to something new and edgy. And hopefully they will change them again in another 10 years.
So they've evolved from mid-century modern to 1985 brass buttons? The new uniforms are fugly. The few that i've seen are not flattering on the body by any stretch of the imagination.

The purple just makes a large body look larger. I can't even understand how a gay man in his 30s designed such hideous pieces. He doesn't even remember the 80s! Delta should have hired whomever designed Korean Air uniforms.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by sleuth
So they've evolved from mid-century modern to 1985 brass buttons? The new uniforms are fugly. The few that i've seen are not flattering on the body by any stretch of the imagination.

The purple just makes a large body look larger. I can't even understand how a gay man in his 30s designed such hideous pieces. He doesn't even remember the 80s! Delta should have hired whomever designed Korean Air uniforms.
I don't see 80's at all (no shoulder pads, no pants with baggy thighs, no pleated pants). I see futuristic sic-fi like Star Trek but with more style. I think they are fun (and in a sense, this is really just another development of a mid-century look). Your comments about body-type are not appreciated. The idea that curves need to be hidden behind some kind of black drape is an idea that is out of style my friend.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Check out the new Hainan Airlines uniforms announced this week....pretty amazing!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:45 am
pvn
Suspended

It's impressive that some people managed to hit the trifecta of homophobia, misogyny, and fat shaming all in one post.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Lightbulb ...Googles troglodyte

Originally Posted by pvn
I don't think they should be removed. I think they should be preserved so everyone can see who the troglodytes are.
Well... according to the urban dictionary use of this word describes most FTers who visit the MS board

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-spending-719/
Attached Images  
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
I hope I don't end up regretting bringing up this thread but...

Today, the Pantone Color Institute revealed its color of the year was “Ultra Violet.” Delta, in the news article linked below, pointed out "Ultra Violet" bears a strikingly similar hue to Delta’s new uniform "Passport Plum".

https://news.delta.com/pantone-color...-plum-uniforms
The deep purple has been made signature through classics like David Bowie, Prince and Jimi Hendrix’s Purple Haze alike, and is on on-trend for 2017 through fashion of Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé and Kylie Jenner.

The Passport Plum look alike “reflects the idea of living not inside the box or outside the box but with no box at all,” according to the Associated Press.
To me, all the marketing trying to change/impact the public's perception of a color is interesting, and, as we've seen, necessary.

Also, new uniforms are expected to "take flight" on May 29, 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.