FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions 2016
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:22 pm
bluedemon211

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Just my opinion

Since we are speculating, I'll throw in my 2 cents. For years 1K folks have felt (rightfully so) that UA management hasn't appreciated them. We all remember the "over entitled elites" comment and sentiment by many in the Smi/J regime. That plus the claw back of various benefits and too many RJ's in the fleet have caused churn in the ranks. I've talked with many 1K flyers and their opinion is that most (their perception) GS get there by a bunch of international flights paid with OPM or gifts to corporate accounts.

Considering 1K contributes significant revenue to the airline, they certainly don't want to lose this group. I am guessing the customer facing side of UA will make GS "invisible" to the public. 1K will be the highest tier and there will be no GS signage, announcements, etc. GS will become "Fight Club". We will retain benefits but no public acknowledgment. That will cost us boarding status but hopefully nothing else.

Again, nothing but speculation on my part. However, with GS references disappearing on the website and anecdotal talk from GS agents reported here, it would not surprise me.