FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Corporate Flight Policies for Employees Booking Business/First Class?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:07 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by invisible
I still want to see a case of a company/policy which generally allows non-C/executive/board members to travel in Business when this travel IS NOT client billed.
If you read my earlier post, that's what I was indicating. What's interesting is that your experience has led you to ask about companies where client-billed travel has more friendly/generous policies than internal.

IME, I've actually seen the opposite. My company's internal/default policy is quite often more generous than our clients' policies, but when we bill to clients, we must abide by their rules. For some discrepancies (as a more everyday example, this often happens when a client bans alcohol from meal expenses) my company will make up the difference by allowing spend according to our internal rules but only charging to the client those expenses which align with the client policy - my company simply makes up the difference when reimbursing the employee.