FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100% Hampton Guarantee - YA NO!! Customer Service says sorry too bad
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:01 am
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hhoope01
You make an interesting assertion. What exactly does "100% satisfaction" mean? The OP didn't get the room type wanted, but it looks like the OP may have inadvertently reserved the wrong room type. But the initial outcome was not one of 100% satisfaction either (even if the fault lies at least partially with yourself.)

There are things Hilton could do to possibly reduce the chances of this type of misunderstanding. For example, any time someone chooses some different from their profile, the system could ask to verify the choice.

I'm not trying to say Hilton must do that, only that there are ways they could reduce potential errors or situations where less than 100% satisfaction might occur by their customers. They offered a 100% Guarantee, that is a pretty wide umbrella to throw out then want to argue with customers that they should be 100% Satisfied when things didn't go the way the customer wanted.

This is the type of situation a company has to deal with if they want to offer this type of blanket guarantee.
So, say I only like non-smoking rooms, I purposefully book a smoking room so I can invoke the 100% satisfaction guarantee and get the night free or get a ton of points because I am not "happy". Nope, sorry. There is no onus on Hilton to make things right when it is 100% the customers fault. You have to read what you are booking. Never assume because you know what that means. Ignorance of the fine print is no excuse. If you get caught breaking a law you were unaware of does not get you out of the consequences. Same here. If the OP really did book a smoking room then they should not have been compensated as they got exactly what they booked. Just because their profile prefers non-smoking makes no difference. If all there is left at a hotel is smoking rooms do you want them to say it is full because they can't meet their preference? So we are waiting for the OP to come back and let us know what they actually booked.