FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100% Hampton Guarantee - YA NO!! Customer Service says sorry too bad
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:50 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Sure, fair statement, I am a non smoker and most hotels are non smoking so i automatically assume that the system would always choose non smoking. So did i make a mistake? i checked my reservations and it stated smoking, did i notice this, no as i always stay in non smoking rooms in non smoking hotels.

So after my rant, i guess the big finger is pointing at me! Am i learning a very important lesson, yes! Never assume, always make sure the reservation is correct no matter how many i have made over the decades and like Trump, never admit you are wrong

Hilton still came through, i am only loyal to Hilton and i always exceed the minimum requirements for Diamond, so this was great of them to make me happy, even if it "may" be my fault for assuming!

So for those who want to say i was wrong, it appears that I "may" have been a victim of an oversight!
In any case, OP, thanks for coming back with possible egg on the face. We all make mistakes.