FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No nuts for me....due to NRSA allergy
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:15 pm
gold23

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 747FC
That is one defining characteristic of narcissism. Like when people place their own needs above others. Like the NR FA in this case. Like FA's who put their luggage in bins above paying F passengers. All things being equal, customer service ethic demands that you extend courtesies to those who pay your salary, not demand that they meet your needs.
I agree with you, except in the instances of health or safety. I remain astonished that people actually believe the OP should have demanded and/or eaten the nuts because he was a paying customer and she was an employee riding up front.

Did she handle it terribly? Absolutely. If she had asked him not to eat something because she didn't like the smell, or something otherwise less impactful than a serious health risk? Of course she'd be far out of line.

She obviously did not uphold her service responsibility, but that's irrelevant. OP had every right to be dissapointed, and she obviously did not handle the situation professionally. However, I suspect ALL that are siding with him do not have friends/relatives with a nut allergy. It's extremely serious, and I can fully comprehend her immediate reaction of fear.