FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to i know where to make a stopover? Im so confused! Help please
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:45 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Membersince2013
Cant do that...There's only 4 spots for flights. So it'll have to be JFK - SEA - SEA - LAS on Alaska. Basically, what I'm saying is that when you click multi city on Alaskaair's websites, you only have 4 spots to enter flights. You can't put JFK - SEA - LAS - PDX - OGG into 4 spots. It won't allow you to book it that way. You can only do JFK - SEA - SEA - LAS which is kind of a waste of time because i dont want to go to SEA anyway.
You can book AS award flights over the phone that are not bookable via the web. JFK-SEA-LAS-PDX-OGG would be a possible routing that can be done entirely on AS. I have routed multistop on an AS award. It might be an interesting test case: all-AS itinerary, intra-regional, but not outside the United States.

(Routings from Alaska that have to route through ANC and SEA can also take more than what would be allowed on the website: imagine availability on OTZ-ANC-SEA/PDX-SAN-MCO, without availability on SEA-MCO that allows you to eliminate the SEA-SAN segment. Certainly a legitimate award, entirely on AS, assuming that in fact you can have stopovers anywhere if it's all AS.)

Up to you to decide if the roundabout routing is worth getting the free stopover.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Oct 12, 2016 at 5:52 pm