FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Curse of Diamond
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:29 pm
neo_781

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zing2istanbul
I was very happy to reach Hh Diamond status this year. I religiously kept my stays to Hilton properties to achieve it. In the end I was expecting more luxurious upgrades. Unfortunately it's turning out to be curse. Have been Hh Gold for past many years. As a Hh Gold I had 100% success in upgrades to the properties I frequently visit and also all the new properties I visited. All upgrades were to Executive Floor/rooms. Loyalty was always recognized during checkin.

As a Diamond I continue to receive the upgrades to Executive Rooms in properties I frequently visit. However my luck has hit the wall for new properties. More than 10 plus new properties I haven't received any upgrades at all. Many times even loyalty not recognized.

There seems hardly any difference between Gold and Diamond expect for the extra points. The journey to Diamond has been disappointing.
Sorry you are finding out the hard way that the incremental differences between Gold and Diamond are minimal. However, I will say that generally speaking when traveling outside of the US, I do see slight better treatment as a Diamond but nothing earth shattering.