FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 New Cabins - Deployment Schedule
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:16 pm
Slc2012

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Finally, I flew on BEST J seats for the first time yesterday, on AF80, 777-200 CDG-SFO.

The 1-2-1 configuration was very good and afforded decent privacy for single travelers on the two sides, as those solo seats angled towards the window. In the center, the two seats angled towards each other and, while conducive to couples traveling together, also afforded privacy for the other passengers in general, as the center seat occupants are mostly facing the video screen and would need to turn to look at the window passengers to the side.

Each seat features a big compartment for storage of the headset and is big enough to store amenity kit, glasses, etc. Great design, very convenient.

However, I don't understand the key feature. Both my partner and I found that, at full flat, the seat felt uncomfortable, almost as if it's "too" flat, and our lower backs were seemingly thrusted upward a bit. It's actually better to raise the seat up a bit to counteract this awkward feeling. Any tips on how to best position this seat for optimal comfort for sleeping?

The service was, as usual, professional and excellent. Food & drinks were good, too. Despite my desire to get some sleep, I ended up watching 6 movies and catching almost no sleep, possibly in part due to the uncomfortable sleeping position.
Do you think I can expect a B&B cabin on the AF85 flight next summer 2017? Today, the cabin planed is 6 rows with 2-3-2 seats with a 777-300ER. If I want to fly with a B&B, do I need to choose LAX as departure?